Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter with the Johnson Family


We had a wonderful Easter weekend. My dad's side of the family came down to Nashville for a visit. It has become a tradition for them to visit over Easter...a tradition that I have come to love and cherish. This year was even more special because they were introduced to the newest member of our family, Isabelle. Seeing my grandmother love and spoil her great grandchildren is such a gift! And the girls adore her! Growing up, my extended family was an incredibly important part of my life. We lived 16 hours away from them, but my parents were determined to keep us close. They succeeded! And now that I have children of my own, I love that my daughters are close to them as well. During Easter we only have a few days together. However, we sure know how to make the most of it! This year, Easter included golf, The Frist, Easter Egg Hunts, shopping, hiking the Natchez Trace, Monell's (yum!), Becca's Birthday, Happy hour, 65, Yahtzee, Farkel, Mom's Manacotti, Egg Dying, Bowling, Baseball, and of course...Church...Twice! How did we pack it all in?

I hope your Easter was a wonderful as mine!~

Love, Sarah

No comments: