Wednesday, December 17, 2008

First few days at home as a family of 5!

Isabelle always had her feet crossed on
of the ultrasounds! She has the longest toes! Proud sisters with Isabelle...Her face is yellow
from the bruising that is healing well!
No jaundice anywhere else!


Madlyn and her baby sister


Leaving the hospital


For all of my Willamson friends (especially Trish)
Isabelle in her "Expect Excellence" onezie
Well our first few days at home have not been what I expected...Jeremy had to return to work on Monday, Madlyn went back to school, Emily did not want to go back to school without mommie taking her there, and breastfeeding has been a struggle. Everything is working itself out though. Jeremy and Madlyn have adjusted well. Isabelle and I rode with Emily and Grandma Martha to take Emily to preschool. Then Isabelle and Grandma waited in the car while Emily and I went to her christmas party. And breastfeeding gets easier everyday. I'm almost scared to say that out loud. Both of my others were so easy to breastfeed and Isabelle was so easy in the hospital that even this "baby nurse" had a few meltdown moments. But, with the encouragement of a few friends (you know who you are), both Isabelle and I are "getting it". I am tired, but my family and friends have been me helping out! I could not have have done it without you! I will keep everyone updated and try and post pictures here as often as possible. And to the Funks...I'm sorry we had to miss Funk christmas this year. But Karen and John showed us pictures and it looked as though a fun time was had by all. We will be there next year and I'm sure our song will be impressive! Congratulations to Jake and Lauren...can't wait to meet the next Funk! Keep us posted! Love to everyone.
Sarah





No comments: